The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Canada to give asylum to 1,200 Yazidi refugees

Started by Romero, February 21, 2017, 06:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Romero

QuoteSome 1,200 people considered to be among the most vulnerable refugees in the world are to be housed in Canada by the end of this year, the Trudeau government announced Tuesday — a move praised by Conservative MP Michelle Rempel as a message to the world that the persecuted Yazidi population needs to be a greater priority for safe-haven countries.

Nearly 400 Yazidi refugees and other survivors of Islamist extremists have already been accepted over the last four months, Immigration Minister Ahmed Hussen said in announcing the initiative, which is expected to cost $28 million.

Rempel, who commended the Liberals for taking in the Yazidis after her own previous Conservative government failed to act, said she's been shocked by the stories she's heard and amazed by the resilience of the survivors of rape, torture and other unspeakable atrocities.

"The reality is that if the international community doesn't wake up to the plight of these people, they will be wiped off the face of the earth," Rempel said.

While the majority of the 1,200 refugees will come from Iraq, the government said some will also be accepted from Lebanon and Turkey.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/canada-to-give-asylum-to-1200-primarily-yazidi-refugees-by-end-of-2017/article34099645/?cmpid=rss1&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter">//http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/canada-to-give-asylum-to-1200-primarily-yazidi-refugees-by-end-of-2017/article34099645/?cmpid=rss1&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

cc

About time.

I assume it will be a trade? 1 Yazidi  in, 1 Sunni shipped out?
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la mata hari"About time.

Are Yazidis not Muslims cc?

cc

They are a far different breed of people and their books / beliefs are evolved from Mesopotamian religions, Zoroastrian, xian and more

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la mata hari"Yes they are, but a far different breed of people and their books / beliefs are greatly evolved from basic islam. Kurds I would say the same of

So are they Shia Muslims?  My knowledge of Islam is not much.

cc

I take that back - see edit above .... trace touches of islam among many others at best

Persians originally hence derivation from Zoroastrian

Romero

QuoteThe Yazidis are an ethnically Kurdish religious community or an ethno-religious group indigenous to northern Mesopotamia who are strictly endogamous. Their religion, Yazidism is linked to ancient Mesopotamian religions and combines aspects of Zoroastrianism, Islam, Christianity and Judaism. Yazidis who marry non-Yazidis are automatically considered to be converted to the religion of their spouse and therefore are not permitted to call themselves Yazidis. They live primarily in the Nineveh Province of Iraq. Additional communities in Armenia, Georgia, Turkey, Iran, and Syria have been in decline since the 1990s as a result of significant migration to Europe, especially to Germany.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yazidis">//https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yazidis

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"
QuoteThe Yazidis are an ethnically Kurdish religious community or an ethno-religious group indigenous to northern Mesopotamia who are strictly endogamous. Their religion, Yazidism is linked to ancient Mesopotamian religions and combines aspects of Zoroastrianism, Islam, Christianity and Judaism. Yazidis who marry non-Yazidis are automatically considered to be converted to the religion of their spouse and therefore are not permitted to call themselves Yazidis. They live primarily in the Nineveh Province of Iraq. Additional communities in Armenia, Georgia, Turkey, Iran, and Syria have been in decline since the 1990s as a result of significant migration to Europe, especially to Germany.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yazidis">//https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yazidis

Interesting, thanks. I have heard of them, but I never knew anything about them.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la mata hari"About time.

I wish it worked like that.

cc

I was always sold on them.

Now it's just a case of negotiating how many sunnis we can trade for each one

Aryan

I trust some of these 'refugees' will be moving in with Homero and RW?  

Every single lefty who champions their nation taking in immigrants supposedly at risk in their homelands should be made to put their money where their mouth is and take in as many as they can into their home.

Anonymous

Scouse, we have people crossing the border from the US to get into Canada because they know their fake refugee applications will be rightfully refused under President Trump.

It make me sick that we are not turning them away.

Aryan

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"Scouse, we have people crossing the border from the US to get into Canada because they know their fake refugee applications will be rightfully refused under President Trump.

Thats what happens when weak leftist governments are in power.  Many lefties are Communist sympathisers, and just like Jews, they dont respect nation states or borders, and wish to eradicate them through mass immigration.

Anonymous

Quote from: "SCOUSE"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"Scouse, we have people crossing the border from the US to get into Canada because they know their fake refugee applications will be rightfully refused under President Trump.

Thats what happens when weak leftist governments are in power.  Many lefties are Communist sympathisers, and just like Jews, they dont respect nation states or borders, and wish to eradicate them through mass immigration.

Jews don't respect nation states? You must not know many Jews. I'm not talking about that dumbass Italian American meatball who posts here. He is not a Jew. He is just a moron.

Aryan

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "SCOUSE"

Jews don't respect nation states? You must not know many Jews. I'm not talking about that dumbass Italian American meatball who posts here. He is not a Jew. He is just a moron.

Leftist Jews don't, Zionist Jews respect Israel and it's borders, but aren't quite so bothered about other country's, unless too many muslims are pouring in and they feel threatened, but they always have Israel to flee to if things get too rough for them.

The left on the whole is out of control, and I thoroughly believe that hardcore Marxism and other far left crap needs to be outlawed, and definitely not taught to the young through academia as it is today.  The results are horrifying.........